VTTW Board Index
April 19, 2024, 01:21:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Matt Campbell as New HC?  (Read 6999 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2021, 03:15:12 EST »

Hearing he has been offered 6mil a year with 5 year contract.  If he turns it down likely will be Elliott from Clemson.  Announcement by tomorrow afternoon?  

Guess we shall see!  Hearing from my big brother... don't know his source.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 03:26:19 EST »

Hearing he has been offered 6mil a year with 5 year contract.  If he turns it down likely will be Elliott from Clemson.  Announcement by tomorrow afternoon?  

Guess we shall see!  Hearing from my big brother... don't know his source.

I could deal with that

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 03:44:35 EST »

Campbell told Texas no, didn't he?  Would be an incredible job for Danny White to land him.  I do think White has opened doors that would've never cracked with Fulmer as AD.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 03:45:04 EST »

Good to see you Granny! I'd be o.k. with that scenario.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 03:50:57 EST »

Rumors now that UT has offered a current P5 head coach $8M/yr for 5 years.........
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 03:55:39 EST »

Is this not what we've all wanted for so long?  For leadership to treat this place the way we all feel about it?  To be serious about winning?

They say it's darkest before the dawn, and Pruitt's end sure did feel like a pretty dark time.  Have we truly, finally decided to get serious about winning?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:00:03 EST by VinnieVOL » Logged
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2021, 04:04:27 EST »

Rumors now that UT has offered a current P5 head coach $8M/yr for 5 years.........

Please tell me it isn't Fleck. I'd rather have Mark Stoops, several posters on this board, or even a couple on VN. No probably not the latter.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:10:52 EST by murfvol » Logged

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2021, 04:09:30 EST »

Please tell me it isn't Fleck. I'd rather have Mark Stoops, several posters on this board, and even a couple on VN. No probably not the latter.

Fleck may be the greatest coach in the world. He may succeed in Knoxville beyond anyone's wildest dreams. But I would still have an irrational hatred for him, just because he reminds me so much of Arkansas State's head coach.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2021, 04:23:53 EST »

I think that only a handful of people at UT know what is happening.

If this rumor is true, or any of the rumors for that matter, I'd expect it to leak to the media from the coach's end of things.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2021, 04:51:10 EST »

If this rumor is true, or any of the rumors for that matter, I'd expect it to leak to the media from the coach's end of things.

Completely agree

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2021, 04:52:09 EST »

I read an article on White yesterday that talked about how he seems to work hard at preventing leaks.... so will be interesting to see how this all plays out... leaks or just rumors

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 04:58:56 EST »

I read an article on White yesterday that talked about how he seems to work hard at preventing leaks.... so will be interesting to see how this all plays out... leaks or just rumors
I read similar things about White. In fact, one thing that I read yesterday suggested that he would even put out false tidbits within the athletic department staff to test the "leak factor", after having informed said staffers that leaking information was an offense that could lead to firing of those who were guilty.

If true, this guy doesn't play around.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 05:03:48 EST »

I read similar things about White. In fact, one thing that I read yesterday suggested that he would even put out false tidbits within the athletic department staff to test the "leak factor", after having informed said staffers that leaking information was an offense that could lead to firing of those who were guilty.

He wants the AD to have one voice
AS a side note, the good ole boy network of Fulmer is (soon to be) GONE!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 05:07:43 EST »

One other thing we might be hearing are agents circulating things, either to gage interest of gain raises from their current schools
Especially the agent is Sexton

I would be willing to bet that whoever DW hires, his agent will NOT be Sexton
BTW, if true, that derails the Lane Train ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2021, 05:12:31 EST »

The Tyrion Lannister technique.

JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 05:18:24 EST »

One other thing we might be hearing are agents circulating things, either to gage interest of gain raises from their current schools
Especially the agent is Sexton

I would be willing to bet that whoever DW hires, his agent will NOT be Sexton
BTW, if true, that derails the Lane Train ...
I think I read that Campbell didn’t use an agent?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 06:17:10 EST »

Sounds great to me.  Hope it's true.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 01:08:21 EST »

I think I read that Campbell didn’t use an agent?

That is correct. Tony Elliott did not have representation as well until recently.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 04:09:06 EST »

Campbell would be a solid hire.  Probably the best target out there, IMO. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2021, 05:00:44 EST »

Campbell would be a solid hire.  Probably the best target out there, IMO. 

Plus one

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 05:05:18 EST »

Brain Rice says that if the search goes past noon on Tuesday we have likely been turned down my multiple coaches.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 05:29:20 EST »

Brain Rice says that if the search goes past noon on Tuesday we have likely been turned down my multiple coaches.

I buy this.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 05:47:33 EST »

This is my concern.....It seems under normal hiring conditions we get turned down by our top choices and we settle. Right now with sanctions waiting in the wings it's far from normal and it's hard for me to understand what coach would want to leave a stable program and head into what we are probably about to face? Of course you can throw big $$$$ and make it attractive but we better not throw big $$$$ at a unknown because we just went down that road and it was a EPIC fail.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 06:13:31 EST »

This is my concern.....It seems under normal hiring conditions we get turned down by our top choices and we settle. Right now with sanctions waiting in the wings it's far from normal and it's hard for me to understand what coach would want to leave a stable program and head into what we are probably about to face? Of course you can throw big $$$$ and make it attractive but we better not throw big $$$$ at a unknown because we just went down that road and it was a EPIC fail.
I completely agree.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2021, 06:24:46 EST »

Yep and just got this from my brother... certainly not surprised... Campbell was too good to be true,  IMO

Starting to feel uneasy. Still anticipating an announcement by end of day, but may not be the splash hire we are hoping for....Elliott from Clemson???

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: