VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 11:28:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New unis unveiled tomorrow, it would seem  (Read 21131 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2013, 12:35:50 EDT »

I agree with Creek- if we're going to go "new school", don't half-ass it; go all the way.  The helmet with those gray unis needs to be either gray or orange. And I won't be surprised if that happens by the time they wear them.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2013, 12:37:42 EDT »

I also like that they removed the black outlines in the road whites.  Those look sharp.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2013, 02:05:32 EDT »

This is what it's about.

Senior offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James admits he's jealous he only gets to wear the uniform once, but said the statement from Jones by doing the uniforms speaks volumes about his head coach. "It means a lot," James said. "It means that he really cares. Like I have said, he's a players coach like I have never seen before. He respects what we have to say. He's genuine when he asks what do you need or what do you want. He's not just asking to make us feel better. He's going and getting things done. To see this happen in like 8 months and we have been asking for it for three years, I'm kind of jealous because these freshmen get to have them for four years. And you never know what else is going to happen with coach Jones.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2013, 04:12:11 EDT »

I love the Smokey gray more and more each time I see these pics.  I never thought black looked great with our orange and white for th unis (unless it's cleats).  I remember seeing photoshops with a lighter gray that didn't look good either.  But to me this hits it square in the bullseye.  The Smokey gray really makes the orange POP.  I'll definitely be buying Smokey gear.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2013, 05:03:47 EDT »

I love the Smokey gray more and more each time I see these pics.  I never thought black looked great with our orange and white for th unis (unless it's cleats).  I remember seeing photoshops with a lighter gray that didn't look good either.  But to me this hits it square in the bullseye.  The Smokey gray really makes the orange POP.  I'll definitely be buying Smokey gear.

Something everybody forgets is that the Baseball team has worn grey shirts many times while playing.  The baseball team has always seemed to have orange, white, and gray (or grey your choice -- and it IS NOT British as some stupid idiot claimed over on another site ------ ID10T)  so therefore the football team wearing a gray (or grey) uni does not freak me out at all and I am one of those BLUEHAIRS (aka Oldster) that has been contributing to UT and the Athletic dept for a long time so I get to address my concerns with the unis.  I for one like the alternative option of having a gray (grey) uni as an inducement to the recruits as well as a changeup for the fans.  So therefore all you sticks in the MUD get over it.....    

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: