VTTW Board Index
March 28, 2024, 01:10:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: God help me  (Read 485 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 01, 2022, 04:51:13 EDT »

Someone said to me today, "Just wait til Saturday..." And I said, "You're dad gum right just wait til Saturday. We're gonna beat 'em."

And then I stopped and realized...I meant it. I wasn't talking smack. Tennessee is going to beat Georgia. Am I delusional? Maybe. But I fully expect Tennessee to be the No. 1 team in America on Sunday. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2022, 06:36:41 EDT »

you should

but why wait, we will be no. 1 tomorrow 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2022, 06:58:58 EDT »

Me too!   
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 01:17:17 EDT »

I thought you were going to say "I thought turkeys could fly"!

volsboyinsodak
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 01:28:33 EDT »

Whether we do or not is to be seen, but this team definitely has the potential to GO ALL THE WAY. Defense is playing much better and no one has had an answer for our offense. I think we play Dawgs just like Bama and KY, stop the run and pressure the heck out of the QB.  GO VOLS!!!         
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 01:43:16 EDT »

Whether we do or not is to be seen, but this team definitely has the potential to GO ALL THE WAY. Defense is playing much better and no one has had an answer for our offense. I think we play Dawgs just like Bama and KY, stop the run and pressure the heck out of the QB.  GO VOLS!!!         

I don't think most of us appreciate just how good the defense is playing. Obviously they were lights-out against UK, but it's easy to only remember the efforts against Alabama and Florida. In hindsight, Bryce Young had a monumental -- maybe historic -- game against us. There's no excuse for the way Anthony Richardson played against us, but the D (particularly the secondary) has improved a lot since that day. But, really, other than the games against UF and Bama, this defense has played well this year...probably much better than they're given credit for. There are still liabilities on this defense, but imo UGA isn't as powerful on offense as they've been many of the years we've seen them. (I know what the numbers say, but they've overwhelmed weaker opposition.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: